Monday, September 21, 2009

Eek!! I've been MIA...again!

A fellow mommysavers member was asking about blogging, and I've been so busy, but right now DS is running around and DH is playing xbox. I think I have a few minutes.

I've already started my christmas shopping! Since we're going on 1 income, ive had to think about this a little bit. I've already gotten a few things though :)

* For DS, I cashed in some pamper points and got him a ring stacker for 40 points! Its made of wood and all that fun stuff. He'll have a blast! I've also been going through free samples and getting him things from there. He's gotten a small box of honey nut cherrios for his stocking. He LOVES thoses!!! Plus, I've collected some free DVDs over the year that i'll throw in there!

*For my mom, I got some more free samples of body wash and soaps and I had a loopha that was brand new for her stocking. She will also be getting some books from swaptree.com.

Do you need more ideas? How about some homemade gift baskets? Just think of a theme and add to it!

-If you have a book lover: find a pretty basket and add a book or two(i usually get used books that look brand new from swaptree.com or my local used book store with my store credit), a bookmark(even better if you can make it homemade!!!), a book light and a snack or two. Wah-la!

-I did this one for my dad last year. A movie gift basket! I had gotten him a movie with my employee discount when I worked at Hollywood Video. Usually around Christmas time they have a deal where if you buy their movies used, they will give you a new case and shrinkwrap it. Nobody will ever know ;). Well anyways, add in a movie and your classic movie treats: popcorn, some candy and a soda. Check out the dollar stores for some awesome deals. Or buy some candy on clearance after Halloween is over!

-Spa gift basket. Theres many ways to make your own bath salts for half the price! Find a pretty jar and add a ribbon! Add in some bubblebath, soaps or shower gels.

-If your crafty, theres so many things you can make! I joined a few recipe swaps on www.splitcoaststampers.com where I made 26 of one recipe, they'll be swapped with others, and I will get 25 other types of recipes back! You can give it to friends or family that likes to cook! So easy! Tie it up with a pretty ribbon. Of course you can also make sets of cards, scrapbooks or a stationary set.

So...lets sum it up!

-Check www.swaptree.com it has CDs, DVDs, Video Games and books. I've never had a problem with anything I've recieved.

-Bartering! On mommysavers.com I traded a portible DVD player for some winter clothes for DS that looked brand new. :)

-Go to used bookstores. That way you know right there exactly what condition its in.

-Free samples work great as stocking stuffers!!


So, I hope that helps! Let me know if you have some great ideas of your own!!

No comments: